Monday, March 24, 2008

Sweetness never suits me.

Today was a completely random day. I woke up with my right high-nostril embedded in my face; in the time that it took me to shower, my face had completely swallowed it. So I skipped work at the liquor store to run to Strange City to get a longer post inserted, to ice my face and exceed the recommended daily dose of anti-inflammatorys. The manager called and left a voice mail, saying to call him back. Which generally is a good idea, unless your manager is the type of person to spend hours on the phone. *sigh* So I didn't get a hold of him at all. I might be fired? It's not much of a loss.


I did some baked some vegan brownies today. I'm giving some in thanks to a classmate since she's lending me a few notes that I had missed, and some to a girl from work since I keep forgetting to bring her my pamphlet from the Health Fair. I'll probably end up bring some for the SafeWalk crew on Wednesday too.

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested:

- 1 1/2 cups natural applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (or alternative dry sweetener)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 C. Lightly oil a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Combine remaining batter ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl. Stir into applesauce mixture until batter is thick and moist.
Spoon batter into pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.

No comments: