Tuesday, February 24, 2009

live without dead time.


It's taken me years of living with my walls, months of unsupportive relationships, and nights of falling into bed for the wrong reasons.  It's taken me years to come to the realization that I deserve something good.  I deserve to be treated with love, kindness, sensitivity and respect.  I will not settle for less like I have in the past.  I will not become a victim, or a doormat, or a whore.  I will only allow the hands of a lover who cherishes me to glorify me with his touch.  And in the process, I will let go of the memories of those hands who have hurt me, those lovers who threw me away.  It's taken me years... but I internalize the meaning of self-respect.

2 comments:

To town! said...

Well versed, Lady.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad. You deserve it everything good to be in your life, missy.